Thursday, December 7, 2017

Old Frosty

Does anyone else do this?  I have a images that I've colored up and put aside just because I love to color. That's what happened with Frosty.  I must have colored him a year ago.  You know, I can't remember how he was colored, but I suspect it was with Zip water color markers. 


I think he aged pretty well.  I also think it's appropriate that I used a technique that I've haven't done for at least a year and heat emboss the edges with gold. 


The Spellbinder Sprig Corners die is very old, but a die that I have never used.  The paper and the gems are old, so you could say everything that is old is new again.  If you look closely you can see a few of the Stikles snowflakes that I added.


When I decided to start over with this new blog, I made myself a promise to finish the inside of my cards.  Along with my colored images, I also have many cards with a blank inside.  I have been accused of having a short attention span. 

Carrying on with that theme of using up the old, I found this snowflake die that a friend cut for me long ago.  It was white, so I just heat embossed it with the gold and it just made sense that I should emboss the sentiment too. 

  • Stamps - Power Poppy Snowman Digi & Stampabilities Sentiment
  • Dies - Our Daily Bread Stitched Rectangles, Spellbinder Sprig Corner & Unknown Snowflake
  • Paper - Paper Studio Holiday
  • Accessories - Gem Stones

I've got my glitter on. Have you got yours?












5 comments:

  1. OMG, seriously a masterpiece! No, I do NOT have totally fantastic images like this laying around all colored up and waiting for a card. Sheesh! If I did something this amazing he'd be on a card and propped up on my desk all year. Your no-line coloring is perfection. Love how he fades out at the bottom. I hope Marcy gets to see this. She'd be stunned and delighted! Yes, I've got my glitter on -- all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fantastic! LOVE your watercoloring which is just amazing! Don't know how you do it! Mine always turns out so poorly that they end up in the garbage. Love the gold touches! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!!! Your love of snowmen shows in every detail of this no line watercoloring. This is wonderfully colored. Thanks for sharing your artistic talents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW... OH wow... fantastic no line colors, this is outstanding! The gold accents are perfect. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete