Friday, August 31, 2018

Chickadee by the Moon Light

This is one of my most favorite stamps and I pull it out every Winter.  The artist Carolyn Shores Wright created the prettiest birds, and I have three from her collection. I think she was exclusive to Stamps Happen.


I started by stamping the image with Tim Holtz Weathered Wood in on Strathmore Bristol vellum surface.  I like this paper because the texture works well with watercolors, but isn't as heavy as the real watercolor paper.




I am entering my Chickadee in the Double D's Challenge - The Moon and Stars.

Stamps:  Chickadee, Stamps Happen & Stampabilities - Joy and Peace.
Paper: Graphic 45  & Strathmore Bristol vellum
Medium: Zig Watercolor Brushes & Tim Holtz Distressed Ink
Dies: Frantic Stamper Stitched Scroll Frames & Gheery Lynn Holly Corner
Accessories: Red Gems & Silhouette Cameo (bow)

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful holiday creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘The Moon and the Stars’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Gail... this is the most beautiful thing. I can't stop looking at it. Your no line watercoloring, sigh... The stamp is so sweet and pretty and it's everything I love about Stamps Happen. I only have two of their stamps, but love them both. So sad they're out of business. This artist is amazing and so are YOU! What a joy to see this in our Double D challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! This is drop dead gorgeous! I've never gotten the hang of water coloring but you've nailed it! LOVE the way you framed this beauty! Awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Christmas card, this is beautiful. That fat chubby bird looks happy as all get out and your framing is awesome. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations, your Chickadee card is AMAZING! It really is stunning! Love the snowy moon on a cold crisp winter's night! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Moon And Stars, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail, this is absolutely exquisite! I am with Leslie about not being able to keep looking at this amazing no-line coloring! I absolutely love the card with this gorgeous and perfect die, and I love how you have finished the inside so beautifully! Truly, precious friend, you are an amazing artist! Sending warm, sunny hugs and hope to catch up with you soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete