Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Great! You found me!

Welcome to Pretty Paper Junkie's first post.
Instead of trying to breath new life into a sorely neglected blog I though I would try to start over.

If you followed me as Pop Paper Scissors, you know that I have not posted for many months.  My
creativity came to a halt as I focused on taking care of my husband. Sadly, all the love and care my children and I gave, could not keep him with us. My sweetheart got his wings August 27th, 2017.


Maybe I shared too much, but I want you to know I am going to be okay.  Creating and blogging has been something I enjoyed and now I am going to use it again to help with the healing. 

The new blog is still under construction, but I do have a project to share with you.






I made that little broom by rolling up some red card stock

and some burlap ribbon (same ribbon used to wrap

around the base). Then I wound some red wire around both

to tie them together. The pumpkins and berries were

plucked off some floral picks I bought at Michaels.


The flowers in the little window flower boxes are

some old stickers I found in my spare parts box.




My lack of photo skills are pretty obvious here but I

wanted to show all lit up. (I looks like I placed the roof

lid on on a little crooked too.) The glitter paper shows up,

but but the colors are all wrong.










This was project was created using an SVG Cuts  cutting file.  Love that company.  You should take a look. All the  papers I used are from DCWV.  The patterned paper is DCWV's Tim Coffey paper pad and has the most delicious fall papers.
The foil roof was embossed with a Cuttle Bug EF.
Let's see, is that it? Yup

4 comments:

  1. OMG! This is just spectacular beyond belief! LOVE that house!! I didn't think you could top ours, but you did! Awesome just doesn't describe it! LOVE the new blog & am happy to see you back again! I've missed your posts! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely floored by this project! Lots of time and detail went into it and the results are spectacular. You sure had all the right stuff for it. What a darling fall decoration for your home! The darkened photo with the windows lit up looks great to me, too. Colors are always different in nighttime scenes. You went through a rough time that I can't even imagine and I'm glad to see you've come out the other side with a brand new blog, finding comfort and diversion and even joy in your craft. I'll add your new site to my Feedly. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Gail! First of all, I am so glad to see you post this amazing creation! I know creating your beautiful work will bring healing to your heart and mind. What a great way to start your new blog, and I am totally blown away (once again) by your paper gifts! This is so beautiful, and the details are sweet and amazing! I love it, and I look forward to seeing more posts and cards from you, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very good to see you and I am terribly sorry to hear about your husband. (((hugs and prayers from afar))) I am thankful you had your family around you to help and support you. Starting fresh does sound good and glad you let us know the link. This little cottage is darling and a lot of work I bet. Nice to dive back in head first, hee hee. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete