Thursday, September 5, 2019

Stitched and Quilted

Would you believe that since I've started blogging in 2010, I've probably made less than 10 baby cards?  Even though they are so adorable and fun to make, I just haven't need to make many.

The Double "D" Challenge - Featured inspired me again.

Just look at all that quilting and they upper right has all those cute critters. My stitched dies are my most favorite, so I grabbed that IO Patchwork Elephant Die that I've had a couple of years and never used and cut up some pretty paper scraps. The double stitched frame is a rectangular die that I cut twice and mitered the corners to form a square frame. 


What's a baby card without lace? I went to my Silhouette Cameo to help me out and I found a design that worked perfect.


I used a really yummy We Are Memory Keepers embossing folder. 


This is possibly the most precious sentiment in my entire collection. I used the inside of one of those double stitched frame and accented it with some pretty  3D heart stickers.

Supplies:
Dies -      IO Die425-L Patchwork Elephant
                Divinity Designs - Double Stitched Rectangles 
                Die Namics - Double Stitched Oval
                Silhouette Design Studio - Lace Frame
EF           We are Memory Keepers
Stamp -   Verve
Paper   -   I'm pretty sure it is DCWV
Stickers - From my stash

Challenges:
Double "D" Challenge - Featured

On a humorous note.. there was something I did not notice this until I edited the photo. A die that overlaps the background paper cropped a word and I'm not sure what I will do about it. Maybe some more hearts or a bow?? Can you find it?





7 comments:

  1. Awwww this is so adorable! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘FEATURED’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I give up... I looked and looked and I can't find the word. It must not be too obvious. Do tell. It's an absolutely precious card, Gail! You have all the perfect elements for a baby card and the little ellie is adorable. Love the sweet sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next to the oval on the right. The "Jo" from journal is covered.

      Delete
  3. Very cute baby card...thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute...I love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling, Gail. I love how it looks hand quilted. Darling!
    I'd like to invite you to stop by any time you can and play along in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday. It's always Anything Goes/ Family Friendly, and we offer awesome prizes for each challenge. It would be a delight to have you share your wonderful creations with us. I hope to see you soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - Challenge Blog
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - My Personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is downright adorable. That quilt like background is perfect with this little guy. ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete