Thursday, September 26, 2019

Noel

Would you believe I found this stamp in the garage. Several years ago I put it in with some stuff I planned to put in a rummage sale. Well, the rummage sale never happened, and I am so happy it didn't.
I diluted Nuvo Indian Gold Embellishment Mousse with water and painted parts of the letters. I used Copics to color everything else. The mistletoe berries are brush painted with Copic Opaque White. I used red Nuvo Crystal Drops on the holly berries.
This Marianne die turned out to be the perfect frame for this beautiful stamp.  I decided to frame the die in black. I cut a die in black and scanned it into my Silhouette Cameo. I used the offset function to make it slightly larger than the die. Taking a step further, I then manipulated the scanned image to make the card the same shape as the the die. Now you may think that was a lot of work and it was. But I have saved the design for future use. I love how this turned out and plan on making several more. 



On the inside I framed this beautiful digital sentiment with black.
The stars were cut into the white with a Memory Box die and accented with a white jewel.

I am submitting my Noel to these challenges:

Supply List:
Stamps -   PSX Noel
                 Unknown Digital Sentiment
Dies -        Marianne frame 
                  Memory Box stars
                  Silhouette Cameo
Mediums - Nuvo Embellisment & Drops, Copics, Copic White                          Opaque

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow, I can't believe how incredible this is! Sometimes I wonder about the stamps I purge, but it has to happen. Absolutely amazing details, Gail, and a brilliant example of how the Silhouette can be used in combination with other card making techniques. So lovely to see this in our Double D gallery. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Gail! This is just gorgeous! I'm so glad you found that stamp!! Awesome job, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gail this is just GORGEOUS! Very eye catching!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘FOCUS ON THE SENTIMENT’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this card is just stunning. I'm so happy you found that stamp. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Oh I love this... the die cut frame is awesome, and the NOEL is wonderful. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete