Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Christmas Gnome

 You probably wouldn't guess that I am in love with gnomes! Snowmen are my 1st love and gnomes are a close 2nd. 

I'm entering my Christmas Gnome in the Double D's latest Challenge, "Christmas in July"






Of course, I had to use my Silhouette Cameo to cut out this handsome guy.  I cut the gnome and garland separately and used dimensional dots. I also used dimensional dots to pop up the snowflake die. 

I have found a lead pencil works the best to define his beard. I used Copics and Copic Opaque White to give a little dimension to the dots on his hat. 

Recipe:
Star JamLines (Digi)
White and green cardstock
Craft Smith Crystal Frost cardstock
Memory Box Scattered Snowflake Frame
Silhouette Cameo
Copics & Copic Opaque White
Lead pencil

4 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful card with this great gnome and your colouring. Thanks for joining us at Double D challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good heavens, your gnome is so darn cute!!! I can't stop looking at and loving the details on your card, right down to the pretty snowflake cardstock under the snowflake frame. You've colored the gnome and his lovely garland beautifully. His beard looks fabulous with the wispy pencil lines. Making a note. I sure love it when you craft, Gail, and especially when you share with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stinkin' ADORABLE!! Using a pencil for his beard is GENIUS, I am going to remember that. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, hope we see you back again soon.
    Judy~ DD DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness he is adorable !!! Superb coloring of him and the beard looks very realistic. We share one more thing-love of gnomes.

    ReplyDelete